- Managing Attorney
- Criminal Defense
- Traffic law
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employment Discrimination
- Civil Litigation
Anthony is the managing attorney of Burts Law, PLLC. He practices in the areas of criminal defense, family law, personal injury, and employment law. Anthony is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (B.A., Political Science, 2012) and North Carolina Central University School of Law (J.D. 2015).
While in law school, Anthony served as Chairman of NCCU Law's Interscholastic Moot Court Board and competed nationally in New Jersey and Ohio. In addition, he was a staff editor for the NCCU School of Law Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Law Review.
Prior to admission to the North Carolina Bar, Anthony interned with the Buncombe County Public Defender's Office. He also clerked with the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office in Los Angeles, California where he worked on cases that ranged from drug possession to mayhem. Anthony worked as an associate attorney for the Law Office of Eugene W. Ellison before opening Burts Law, PLLC. While there, Anthony practiced criminal, family and personal injury law.
In his spare time, Anthony enjoys spending time with his family, performing community service, and mentoring the youth. Anthony is also a brother of his beloved fraternity, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: Chairman of NCCU Law's Interscholastic Moot Court Board
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina
- B.A. - 2012
- Major: Political Science
- North Carolina, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2016
- New York, 2018
- South Carolina, 2017
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2019
- New Jersey, 2020
- Buncombe County Public Defender's Office, Intern
- Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, Clerk
- Law Office of Eugene W. Ellison, Associate Attorney
- Omega Psi Phi
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- New York Bar Association